Coconut water provides many benefits for health-conscious people. Pregnant women especially can drink this pure liquid, which is high in minerals and vitamins and might help alleviate some of the challenges that occur during pregnancy.
Staying hydrated, which means drinking plenty of good fluids, is crucial during pregnancy to keep your body systems flowing. Coconut water is the purest liquid next to water, filled with natural ingredients, low in sugar, and without chemicals or preservatives.
Known as a perfect isotonic liquid, coconut water will mesh with your cells easily, keeping fluid levels up and toxins excreted more efficiently. CW is high in potassium, magnesium, and other minerals, which balances your body into a more alkaline and healthy state.
What else can coconut water do to help your pregnancy be the best it can be?
- Weight gain– CW is low in calories and high in nutrients. It beats sweetened fruit juices and empty-calorie soda in keeping weight gain down from junk calories.
- Heartburn– Oh, the scourge of pregnant women everywhere! Coconut water soothes your digestive system, neutralizing the acidity with its alkalizing properties.
- Nausea and vomiting-In many countries, CW is the antidote to the vomiting that results from malaria, dengue fever, and typhoid. If it works on those serious illnesses, imagine how it can help with “morning sickness.”
- Urinary tract infections– Coconut water, in its isotonic state, cleanses the systems of your body, flushing toxins out as a natural diuretic. The more you drink, the more toxins will leave your body, which can help prevent UTI’s.
- Constipation– Drinking small amounts of CW will act as a very mild laxative. Avoiding constipation during pregnancy is definitely something to rejoice about!
- Strengthen immune system– Every healthy thing you do for yourself will be relayed to your baby. Coconut water is rich with lauric acid that has anti-viral and anti-bacterial properties. This can help prevent acquiring infections and makes your immune system, and that of your baby, stronger.
Drinking healthful water from coconuts in moderation every day will keep you hydrated, boost those needed electrolytes, and cool you off from those hormones flashes rushing through your body.
Pregnancy is such a wonderful gift and an important job for your body to undertake. Only put healthy, nutritional food and drinks into your body during baby-making time. Your body is working for two so soothe its demands with healthy coconut water.
As always, check with your doctor before starting any new foods and drinks, since every pregnancy is different and may require specific care.
Janet Grosshandler is the creator of and writer for http://CoconutWaterPureHealth.com, a website that provides all the current information about the nutritional and health benefits of adding coconut water to your active lifestyle. Go to her CoconutWaterPureHealth.com website for healthy drink and food recipes.
Incoming search terms:
- C2O Pure Coconut Water 16 3 Fluid Ounce (Pack of 8)